Member Renewal and Benefits
Support the Title Profession
The New York State Land Title Association, Inc. (“NYSLTA”), formed in 1921, is a statewide Association devoted to advancing the interests of all those involved in abstracting, examining or insuring title to real estate. Our membership includes title insurance companies, abstract companies, title insurance agents, law firms, individual attorneys, surveyors and others actively involved in real estate matters. We represent the title insurance profession in New York State.
Why become a member?
The work of NYSLTA benefits all title professionals in New York State – members and non-members alike. So why pay dues, dedicate your time, and take on the challenges of an entire profession?
The answer is that members get benefits and tangible rewards for their involvement and support of the Association. In material terms, member benefits include:
- Discounted rates at the Annual meeting and Convention
- Discounted fees for CLE courses specific to title issues and Title Workshops
- A member directory of agents, underwriters and associate members organized by county and municipality
- Priority service for E&O insurance from FoxPoint Programs
- Discounts on UPS shipping - up to 30%
- Instant Email alerts on regulatory announcements, court decisions, and industry developments
- Access to the Manhattan Staff Office of the NYSLTA for meetings, closings and mail delivery
In addition to the benefits, membership gives your business advantages over non-members:
• You will have an inside line on developing regulations and legislation
• Peer relationships with the leading people and companies in title insurance
• Your voice and your opinion will carry more weight in local and state government decisions
• When your work requires expertise outside your home counties, you can call on the professional support of fellow members in all 62 counties
Who is eligible? – “Members shall be limited to abstracters, abstract companies and title insurance agents actively engaged in the business of abstracting and/or examining titles in the State of New York and having their principal place of business in the State of New York. “(Constitution and By-Laws, Article V, Section 2)
What does it cost?- Annual dues for regular membership are based upon the total number of employees. The membership year runs November 1 through October 31. Please review the membership application for your zone for a detailed listing of the dues schedule.
Who is eligible? – “Attorneys-at-law, public recording officers, licensed surveyors, officers of mortgage lending institutions, and other individuals, corporations, or other entities interested in, or using the services of, the Association shall be eligible to become Associate Members.” (Constitution and By-Laws, Article V, Section 3)
What does it cost?- Annual dues for Associate Membership are $414. The membership year runs November 1 through October 31.
Still have questions?
If you have questions about joining the NYSLTA or any of the member benefits, please contact the Association at 212-964-3701.
Zone 1 by county
Zone 2 by county